Join GayCities, the fun way to discover the worldSee where your friends and people like you are going and what they have to say about places and events worldwide.
Want advice? Add a question
Hi!! I'm looking for a new city that has an affordable gayborhood where a tgirl can live and work all dressed all the time (short skirt, heels, etc, I'm more naturally femme than most and I do wear them really well). Is San Jose like that? Are there jobs in the gay community? I'll sweep floors, anything!, so long as it will pay for a 1br or studio apt where I can live my dream life for a while. SanFran is too expensive and the job market is really horrible (Vegas too) so I'm looking for 2nd choices. Luv and kisses to whoever can give me good info! :-)
4 answers to this question
SJ is almost the same as SF. You can do what you want, most people dont care. Like most cities you do have the ones who are not gay friendly or as open minded as SF. Downtown SJ is the more gay friendly area of San Jose but rent is very high everywhere so do your research first before making decisions. Bay Area is the most expensive place the live in the US. It is by far (cost of overall living) more expensive then New York City so prepare yourself to budget as everyone budgets ahead of time here in the bay due to the expensive cost of living, and of course going out. At the end of the day, its all very worth it. Every person I know that live here/moved here, even un-employed are happy living here due to the people, and way of life. I dont know anyone that moved here that left. The ones that moved out of here else where always end up coming back. It is home sweet home expecially to the gays.
Newest San Jose Questions
- INFERNO San Jose with The Sluggers Time to get your groove on at INFERNO! Give your summer extra sizzle with steamy beats from DJ Rockaway and bring your moves to the dance floor!! Plus: The San Jose Women’s Softball team, The Sluggers, will be fundraising! Saturday, July 28th from 6-10pm $10 Cover Located at SPLASH 65 Post Street San Jose, CA 95113 INFERNO dances are exclusively for women. Dances are held early in the evening so you can groove through the entire dance and make plans to continue to party elsewhere afterward. For more information please visit us at www.infernodances.com
- Is 24 Hour Fitness still open in San Jose ?
- INFERNO Pre-Pride Party in San Jose! PRIDE is here and we are kicking it off with a Pre-Pride Party in San Jose! Join us for the festivities, bust out your queer, and get your groove on to beats from Seattle favorite: DJ Ricki Leigh!! Saturday, June 16th from 6-10pm, $10 Located at Splash 65 Post Street San Jose, CA 95113 INFERNO dances are exclusively for women. Dances are held in the evening so you can groove through the entire dance AND make plans to continue to party elsewhere afterward. For more information please visit us at www.infernodances.com
- INFERNO is blazing your way with DJ Rockaway!! We are set to heat it up! Saturday, May 26th from 6-10pm $10 Cover Located at Splash 65 Post Street San Jose, CA 95113 INFERNO dances are exclusively for women. Dances are held early in the evening so you can groove through the entire dance AND make plans to continue to party elsewhere afterward. For more information please visit us at www.infernodances.com
- San Jose…… Get ready for twice the fun for this INFERNO! Start the evening with quick witted standup Poppy Champlin and finish with gettin' your groove on at the hottest dance party around. POPPY CHAMPLIN- doors open at 4:45pm, show starts 5:15pm at A Perfect Finish, 55 S. First St, San Jose, 95113. Tickets at the door: $15 for the show/$20 for show + dance INFERNO with DJ ROCKAWAY - 6-10 PM at Splash, 65 Post Street, San Jose. $10 cover for dance or $20 for dance and Poppy's show Advance Tickets: www.brownpapertickets.com/even/239918 For more information please visit us at www.infernodances.com